Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something New!

Sometimes it feel great to start something new and today was one of those days.  Mike and I started Soup and the Spirit today; a gathering of young adults from the Vineyard to come and have lunch, visit, and get some Holy Spirit.  We were nearly bursting at the seams with 35 people in the house around 3 tables and anywhere else they could fit but it felt so good!

There was enough food but just enough so now I know for next week!  The conversations were great; people were getting to know people they hadn't met before.  After lunch, Mike and I shared on Psalm 24 and then we went in groups to lay the foundation for the community.  We want Jesus and we want climb the mountain of the Lord together.  I felt like a giddy little girl with my excitement.

We get to be at the beginning stages of this thing.  We have no idea how it's going to look down the road or what it will turn into or how many people will be a part of it, but we get to be a part of what God's doing.  So cool!

The last of the group left just before 4:30pm and had a great time connecting and getting to know people.  So excited to be a part of something new!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it went well.. I love what you are doing. It didn't work for us to come.. but it seems like you had a lot of people!
    Bless You
    xoxo
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete