Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1 Lifestyle Changes

I awoke with the knowledge that there would be a lot changing.  I prepared my breakfast of oatmeal, almond milk with some banana and touch of cinnamon and agave.  It was good, definitely needs getting used to.  

Mike graciously let me have a nap in the morning to recover from yesterday's Soup and the Spirit so I got up without getting groceries and needing to improvise for lunch.

I started with a can of black beans, the last of my red onion, a splash of honey and lime and salt.

Next, I cooked up some frozen corn and added it to the mix.
I checked for cumin but I was all out, too bad - I guess it's more lime and salt and then I threw in a half of an avacado for some more colour and flavour.


I bought corn tortillas from the Costco in the states on the weekend and I pulled them out.  I let the kids try them and since they smelled like playdough they didn't seem to appetizing.  The kids chucked them out and I decided to make tostados - put a little olive oil in the pan and fried the tortilla till it was crisp.

Put my black bean avacado mixture on the toastado and voila, lunch is served!


Yes, it was noon and I had a turban in my hair because, like I mentioned earlier, I had just awoken from a morning nap!  The food was fantastic.  I finished off lunch with some sliced cucumbers, too boring to take pictures of them though.
Snack time - fresh strawberries and a handful of pistachios
Tonight's dinner - Salmon, brown rice spaghetti with lemon and dill, mushrooms and broccoli.  

And while I blog quietly in the living room, Mike is outside in the snow with the kids, who by the way, all have chicken pox!
Doesn't Sadie look terrible?? Yet she still has energy to enjoy the snow while it lasts.  So I will be homebound for another two weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment