Thursday, February 17, 2011

No meat, no cheese, no wheat?! Oh my!

Ever wondered what it be like to live on a really restricted diet?  You know what I'm talking about, extreme!  And not for weight loss but just so you can actually feel and be healthy.  Can you imagine your meals without any dairy, wheat, tomatoes, potatoes, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, chocolate (yikes!), alcohol, lettuce, vinegar, shellfish, peanuts, soy or margarine?  This is what I need to imagine, no this is what I need to live by. 

I just have gotten back from my food sensitivity test at the naturopath and these were the recommendations given to me.  I am still in shock when I ponder the changes I need to make and I can feel those pounds coming off just thinking about it.  That is definitely not why I'm doing this but I'm sure it will be a side affect.  The truth is I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I am fatigued all the time, feel sick to my stomach and I know that most of it is because of the food I am eating.  My new year's resolution was to get healthy from the inside out.

I was sure that I was lactose intolerant before going so this just confirmed my thoughts.  But beef? Chicken? What's left?  I guess I will be falling in love with fish and turkey and beans, oh my!

So I'm giving myself until Monday to start my new regime.  That should give me a little time to figure out what in the world I can eat that will actually taste good!  Feel free to pray for me if you think of it as this will be a huge change and I know it will be very difficult.

I've been off sugar/high glycemic foods since January and so I feel like I'm finally getting a feel for that, but this is way bigger than that!  If anyone has any food/recipe ideas, please pass them on.

I know one things for sure, I'm going to enjoy my spaghetti sauce tonight like no other night!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jocelyn, that is a dramatic change in eating habits..I can't imagine...especially not having chocolate! But we are blessed to live in a place where there are a lot of alternatives available, and I'm sure you'll find lots of new recipes and ingredients that will work. I remember when my mom went through a health food phase and she substituted carob chips for chocolate chips in cookies. They were quite good if my memory is right!

    ReplyDelete