Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine's Day

Sweet and Simple, just the way I like it. 

Decided to do a little something for the kids and Michael in the morning.  I had been checking out http://www.ourbestbites.com/ and they had posted their heart shaped pancakes and decorations.  Yes, this could be simple.  I cut out a few red hearts for the table and managed to make enough heart shaped pancakes for all the kids and two big ones for Mike.  I served him in bed as the kids enjoyed their breakfast at the table. 

The girls and I worked on some hand-made Valentine's after receiving a card from Caleb 'en francais'.  When daddy got home, Abbi was so excited she couldn't hold it in.  She jumped on him with her card before he could even drop his bags. 

I was surprised with these lovely gerber daisies - they were in my wedding bouquet so I always prefer them to a dozen roses, though roses are nice every now and again!
After dinner, I made some cream cheese/whip cream stuffed strawberries.  Caleb helped me stuff them and, of course, snuck the first one.

They turned out quite delicious and I could enjoy them because I sweetened them with agave instead of sugar. 

mmmm, don't they look good? And they were pretty simple to make!

The most important part of the day is reminding each other that we are loved; that we love and appreciate each other - I think that was accomplished in our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment