Saturday, February 12, 2011

Me time

So my beautiful girls woke me up at 6am this morning.  Normally I let them go off and watch TV and I roll over for another hour or so before getting up.  This morning I knew that if I wanted to exercise now would be the only time.  So when they rolled out of bed, so did I.  They still got their TV time and I headed to the gym for a quick workout.  It felt great to get out there early and get my workout in. 

Today was for me.  After working out, I packed up the kids - Caleb off to school and the girls to a friend's place to be babysat.  Got some running around done and then headed to the hair salon. 

After picking up the kids again, and Gramma and Papa arrived, I quickly put on some make-up and drove Mike down to Bellingham where we enjoyed a really nice meal together, did a quick shop at Trader Joe's and headed back up to Abby for a late meeting and game time with some new friends. 

Wow, in the midst of all this crazy stuff happening, it was such a blessing to have some ME time!  As people have offered to help with the kids, I've decided to accept.  I know my life isn't that insane or unmanageable but when those blessings come my way, it would be silly to say no. 

So tomorrow will be another wonderful day with the help of a 'free of charge' babysitter to watch the kids as I cook and prepare for Soup and the Spirit.  I'm excited to get ready for our very first Young Adults meeting on Sunday.  I have no idea who will be there or how many people will come but it's gonna be great!

I have excitement for the new things to come in my life and the life of my church. 

1 comment:

  1. An Afterthought - I was saying to Caleb this morning that he gets to choose what kind of day he was going to have - he can choose to have a good attitude and have a fun day at school or choose a bad attitude and be grumpy all day. But it was his choice. I told him that I was choosing to have a good day and told him all the fun things I was going to do...and I did! We do get to choose our attitude each day, whether what we are doing is fun or not, our attitude is a choice!

    ReplyDelete