Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 4 Lifestyle Changes - Day 4 with two kids with chicken pox

So after easing into the lathargic life of two children with chicken pox, I decided today we ALL needed to get dressed and burn some energy.  We all napped yesterday and the girls ended up going to bed at 10:00pm...so this time they needed to get some energy out.

The girls were happy to get dressed.

Caleb, not so much.  I am thinking we are over the worst with him with only a few crying fits today because of the pain and itching.

We went to visit Mike at work and he graciously blew up a bouncy house for them to play in while he worked.  Of course before we even started there were injuries.  Mike accidentally tripped Abbi and she went down hard on the cement - a nice fat lip and bleeding nose followed.


Good thing she is a good sport and it didn't take her long to start jumping.
Soon after Caleb banged is head on the cement...OK, are seeing a pattern here?  So maybe this wasn't such a good idea.  In the end we accomplished our goal and the kids and I ended up having a nice afternoon nap again.  It's now 8:00pm and the kids aren't at all ready for bed but at least we had a better day and got out of the house for a bit.


Mike's FYI side note is that you can rent this bouncy house : )  It's one of our new additions to our inflatable company.

So for eating I'm doing pretty good. I bought some chia chia bread from Silver Hills and I managed to gag it down - no, it wasn't that bad but it sure wasn't that good!  I bought a few loaves because they were on sale so I'll have to get through those before I move onto other options.

My sugar addiction is always looming in the background.  My mom made cookies for the kids yesterday and it's difficult to see them in the house.  I know it won't be long before I breakdown and make some sort of concoction to fill my craving.

I hope by the end of this that my cravings have subsided, maybe even left.  But for now, instead of going completely crazy I'll give in now and then to a little sweetness (within the rules of course).

Here's to one more day down and hopefully kids that sleep through the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment