Thursday, May 5, 2011

Breaking the Funk

Enough already.  I've sat down to blog numerous times over the last few days and have never posted what I wrote or didn't finish enough to post it.  It's time to break this funk I've been in!!  I've been without a computer in the day so that hasn't helped but I now have a power cord and am ready to begin again!

And so for a recap of last night's dessert.  I made Almond Butter Ice Cream with Carob Chips. 

Slice two bananas and freeze for at least two hours.  Once frozen, throw them in a blender with 3 tbsp. Almond Butter and blend and blend and blend until smooth.  I added about a tsp or so of agave to sweeten a little as well.  If you neeed to, use a spatula to clean the edges and push down; this process took a little while because the bananas are hard and you want them to get to a smooth texture.  Once smooth, spoon into a bowl and add a few carob chips or chocolate chips if you are so privileged to be able to eat them right now!!  Mix and eat.  So yummy and smooth and a great treat with way less calories than the real thing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment