Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Remind me not to do that again!

OK, so with all this baking for Mother's Day my flesh took control and I started sampling a little something here and a little something there.  Yesterday we still had six gluten free truffles sitting in my freezer.  It was just too much temptation for me to resist and so throughout the day....I....ate...them...ALL!!

My tummy didn't feel toooo bad but I still wasn't sure what the repercussions would be in the morning.  And boy was I sick!!  Oh my, this was definitely a reminder that I don't want to do that again.  My stomach is in pain and... I think that's all the detail I'm going to go into.  So I am back on my restrictions and am writing it down so you all know! 

I'm halfway through so it's time to be strong and stick with it.  I know that if I can do this, in the long run my body will thank me for it.  So as much as I love chocolate, that was the last chocolate I'm going to eat for the next three months.  Bye bye my dear sweet chocolate; it was so nice to see you again.  I just wish you weren't so violent with my body so I could enjoy you more often!

As terrible as it is to be sick when I eat things that aren't agreeing with me, it's also a blessing and a reminder NOT to eat them.  I'm thankful for that.  It's what keeps me disciplined to walk this road out.

So bring on the carrots and beans and rice and fish and turkey.  Today is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment