Monday, May 9, 2011

Having a Morning Off

It's amazing how nice it is to have a morning off.  I can't actually remember the last time I had a complete morning all to myself without having to take Caleb to school or run errands or clean the house.  This morning I got up and got to go to the gym, pick up photos from our photographer and have lunch and a shower without my children around!  How nice.  Don't get me wrong; I love my kids.  But it is so nice to have some quiet time for the soul.  After a relaxed (yet sweaty) time at the gym, I arrived home to an empty house thanks to my in-laws taking the girls to the park and was able to just sit and relax with my food instead of running back and forth to the fridge to get milk and clean up spills and refill plates.  Then because they were still not home I hopped in the shower to enjoy a long and relaxing one without the screams of children and knocking on the door.   

Its the little things that re-charge the soul.  I need to remember to figure out a way to do this more often.  It does a mommy good.

No comments:

Post a Comment