Saturday, May 14, 2011

Zumba and The Spirit

I took my first Zumba class today at Great West Fitness.  I had a blast!  The instructor's name was Michelle and she was incredible.  If she is not a Christian, His Spirit is sure on her!  She is friendly and warm and full of energy.  She introduced herself to the 'newbies' in the class and hugged everyone else as if they were old friends. 

The class was high-energy and lots of fun.  There was no one showing off; everyone was free to be who they were in whatever size or age they are.  At the end of the class she played this song while we stretched.  Now this might sound a little cheesy but she starts lip singing it to each person in the class; like going up to each person's face and telling them that 'You are amazing just the way you.'  'You are beautiful.'  She made a point to say it to every person in the class.  It was actually quite powerful.  I was looking around at these women and thinking this might be the only time in the week that they hear that they are beauitful and amazing just as they are. 

I know for me when I'm all sweaty and looking in the mirror and know that I'm not the exact figure that I want to be, it's quite encouraging to hear that I am OK right now, just the way I am.  That's the truth; that's the kingdom come right there. 

So Zumba and the Spirit; yep, they go together.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joce, Michelle used to be in our youth group when we were leading youth at the Nazarene Church. She is wonderful. Lots of passion and energy and such an encourager. The Spirit is definitely on her! Glad you had a good morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was. It was cool to see how the Spirit of Truth can move even in a fitness class.

    ReplyDelete