Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.

Abigail has taken this verse seriously.  Yesterday she sang 'This is the day that the Lord has made' as she sat beside me.  'Mom, is that a good song?'  Of course I replied, 'Yes it's a very good song.'  And so she sang it again.

Later in the evening when it was time for Caleb to get his cut finger cleaned out and bandaged, I said to him, 'Be brave Caleb.'  She belted out, 'Be brave, ch-ch, be strong, ch-ch, for the Lord thy God is with thee.'  She had us all singing to Caleb before he worked up the nerve to be brave. 

It's a good reminder for me to keep filling my children's hearts and minds with music and scripture.  It is easy to remember and it can pop out at anytime, even when you least expect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment