Friday, April 22, 2011

I Love to Bake

It's true, I love to be in the kitchen.  It's exciting to try new things and put them together.  It's so satisfying to make something that looks and tastes amazing that you know others will enjoy.  That has been my past two days.  I have been baking, not too busy, but busy enough!

I've definitely had to become more creative with all my dietary restrictions especially if I want to eat a meal that tastes good but it's always nice to do some baking with some tried and true recipes and some new ones as well.  For me it is a creative outlet; maybe because I'm not dancing as much and don't have that outlet, I am finding more joy in this.  Maybe I am living vicariously through the people that can enjoy my sugary treats.  Either way, I get to be in the kitchen and love it!


I made my Easter Carrot Cupcakes first.  The girls tried to help me put the eggs on top but the little sneakers put one on and then started feeding their bellies instead of decorating.  These cute mini cupcakes turned out to have a great Easter feel thanks the Mini Eggs!

Then onto a much bigger task of making a Cheesecake Supreme topped with blueberries picked by none other than myself.  Thank the Lord for freezing in large quantities!!  This one I stayed up late to make and decorated in the morning.  I was quite proud of how it turned out too and wished I could have a slice.  I have heard that it was de-lish though and will definitely keep that recipe in my back pocket.  Thanks mom!

Lastly I worked on a gluten-free dairy-free cupcake order.  (sorry, forgot to take a pic!)  The cupcakes themselves turned out pretty well seeing how it was the first time I had used gluten-free flour mix.  Then for an icing that would be tasty and dairy-free; I opted for a coconut frosting made with coconut milk, coconut, margarine and, of course, icing sugar.  Had to have a taste of it.... to make sure it tasted good enough for my customer...and it was amazing.  Got rave reviews for that one as well!!

Triple bonus = Made money for Jhonny, made people happy, got to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment