Saturday, April 16, 2011

Free Bread=Jesus Loves Me

Don't you love when you get a gift from God right out of the blue?  It takes you so by surprise that you are buzzing from His love for awhile afterwards.  Well, that was part of my day yesterday.  We were heading to White Rock with the kids to spend some time (in the freezing cold) digging in the sand and looking for shells.  We stopped to pick up some water and then we were so close to Silver Hills Bakery that I asked if Mike could stop so I could have bread for our trip away on Monday.

It's tough when we go away because you never know how people will accommodate such a bizarre and strict diet.  I thought if I had some bread, almond butter and almond milk and some other essentials, I could easily make it through the few days we're gone even if there wasn't a lot of food for me.  I had recently tried Silver Hills' Gramma's Kamut.  It's almost entirely made of ground kamut which I can have.  It does have a tiny bit of vital wheat gluten so I guess it's a little cheat but it is so wonderful to actually eat bread that tastes like bread that I don't mind the cheat.

Anyhow, I ran in to the store to find that there was no Gramma's Kamut for sale!!  I asked a worker if he happened to have any in the back.  He said he didn't have any to sell but he would give me some for free!  He said some of the slices had big holes in them so they weren't sellable.  What?  Free?  Delicious healthy bread that I can eat?  I took four loaves and thanked him profusely.  But then I thanked God profusely.

What a blessing!  Four loaves of bread and I don't have to pay a thing!  I got in the car and told the family and Caleb said, 'Like you didn't have to pay any money?'  'No, it was free!'  'Woah.'

So, this kind gesture from this elderly man defnitely symbolized to me His love for me, His genuine concern for me, and His grace to me.  It brightened up my day and gave me hope to get through another day of this crazy diet! Thank you Jesus, thank you for loving me.  I love it when you surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment