Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Their little eyes are ever watching...

On the days when I can get my butt out of bed earlier enough, I like to warm some water with lemon and sit by the fireplace and spend some time with Jesus before I start the day.  I will be the first to tell you that it's not every day and with the chicken pox I had taken the week off of 'morning time' devotionals.  I instead crammed it in wherever I could find the time.  There is something to the morning though, the quiet in the house, taking the time to give your day to Jesus and focus on Him first thing. 

After getting up out of my comfy area to get the kids breakfast I returned to read a little bit more of Celebration of Discipline which we (Mike and I) just started reading and this is what I found.
Sadie in my seat poised and ready.  By the time I got the camera she had already flipped the book talking silently to herself as mommy does.  It reminded me that their little eyes are ever watching.

What I wanted to get a shot of later on was Caleb playing computer games...to show that yes, their little eyes are ever watching.  Their eyes are watching the positive habits in our lives and the negative ones as well. 

Watching Sadie sitting there mimicking what I do in the mornings was such a blessing to my heart but reminded me that I do not want them just to mimick me but to experience His presence for themselves. 

I pray that God would grab their hearts and draw them in with His love so they can grasp just how high and how wide and how deep is the love of Christ.  I pray that for me too...and for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment