Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let's Get Some Exercise!

I asked Mike if he wanted to put the kids to bed so I could go for a walk and get some exercise.  Caleb heard and piped up, 'I want to get some exercise!' Of course, the girls chimed in too.  So, Mike do you want to get some exercise?? He agreed and so we all headed out at bedtime for a nice long walk.  It was wonderful.  It's finally light in the evenings and the kids were excited to get their 'exercise' so they started with running races.  They weren't pooped out until the long walk up the hill home came.  They did great though and it excited me for the spring and summer. 

Maybe we could make a routine of it.  It would be so nice to get outside, go on an adventure and seek out some new territory we haven't seen yet...and get our exercise!  I thought it would help the kids get to sleep quicker too.  Worked like a charm for Caleb but I can still hear the girls playing on their beds. 

Anyhow, what a great way to spend some family time.  I'm looking for more days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment