Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011, a 9 year Happy Anniversary Treat

I awoke this morning early and was sweetly surprised to find roses and gerber daisies and a hand-made card on the table.  It is our anniversary today.  We already celebrated with dinner out in Vancouver on Sunday, but it's so nice to have a little something to show each other our love. 

I, in turn, made him breakfast in bed....which I realize isn't the best choice for Michael.  For those of you who know him know that he rarely eats breakfast and when he does it's not till he's wide awake.  So waking him from a dead sleep to feast on pancakes with a peach glaze, though thoughtful, may not be the best gift. 

We planned to spend a little time together in the afternoon as he had to head back to work for the evening.  I decided to make a treat ...and not a sugar-free, gluten-free one that I would enjoy, but rather something full of sugar and preservatives and sugar-you know, something that he would love! 

And so here's a quick and easy and special treat for the man you love.

Butterscotch Rum Pudding

Ingredients:
1 pkg. butterscotch pudding
14 oz. milk
2 oz. Rum or liquor
1 skor bar

Grab a package of butterscotch pudding.  Add 14oz. milk with 2oz. Rum (or your favourite liquour).  Rum is what I had on hand, but we have also done this with Kahlua or Bailey's and they are equally delicious.  Mix as usual with a whisk or beat for 2 minutes with a mixer.

Pour into parfait glasses and let set in the fridge.  I made three full glasses with this. 

Then you smash up a skor bar and sprinkle on top.  If you want to be really special, you can melt some chocolate and milk into a little ganache, pour over the set pudding and then add your skor pieces.  This is divine but I didn't have too much time so I omitted this step. 

Then I set two of the cups on the table with my hand-made card on the 9 reasons I love my husband.
He got home and we toasted to our marriage and delighted in our treat.  Yes, I ate it, well half of it, and gave the rest to him.  And the third one is for tonight when he gets home from work - Bonus Points!

Happy Anniversary to us!  Lots of people don't make it this far especially with some of the hardships we have faced but GOD is faithful and He will continue to be.  Marriage is worth fighting for, working on, living in!

No comments:

Post a Comment