Friday, July 22, 2011

Why is a Vacation so MUCH Work?

We are planning on leaving town tomorrow - Mike is speaking at a teen camp in a little place called, Likely, BC.  We are heading into a week of retreat - there are no phones, no internet connections, literally NO way to get a hold of anybody on the outside world except through radio phone.  It's lovely.  Caleb comes with us each year (for three years now) as well as our good friends Becky and Travis and their daughter Tehillah.  We have great times playing cards, enjoying the beach, being quiet, watching the odd movie, night game or event.  We don't have to cook or clean, it really is wonderful.

From there we head into Williams Lake so that Mike can preach at Caribou Bethel before we head out to the Shuswap for a family, extended family vacation.  All Mike's fam is coming out for camping trip.  They're coming from Baltimore, Quebec and Williams Lake so we can hang out (hopefully) around a campfire, beautiful beaches and, again, play games and enjoy good food and conversations.

But in order to go away for two weeks, one must plan and pack and pack some more.  We leave tomorrow and I have yet to pack my bags, Caleb's bags, the trailer, the food - in fact the only thing I've really done is pack for the girls, made a craft bag, and clean the trailer.  The amount of stuff still to be done is a little overwhelming which is why I am taking a moment to sit down and reflect....and get a little overwhelmed again!

Not only am I not packed, but I won't get packed because Mike has a huge Youth/Young Adults parking lot party tonight!  We know how to plan them.  There is always something going on here! 

I guess I just need to remember that once all this work is done, it will be all worth it.  We will be away, we will have time to relax, reflect, do crafts, play games, have quality time with our family and friends and retreat...as much as a mother can who has three children aged 4-6 years old. 

So I guess I should get that butt of mine back in gear and get packing, so I can start my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment