Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lamb and Chocolate - two things that can put a smile on this girl's face

I have seen my naturopath and have improved again in a lot of areas and got two things back - Lamb and Chocolate!!  I was hoping to get some sort of meat back in my diet so am thrilled to have something to change it up with the turkey and fish.  Had some for lunch today and even made my own goat yogurt tzatziki.  May sound gross but it was fantastic.  Goat yogurt is very similar to cow's milk yogurt; it just has a slight aftertaste, but when you add in cucumber, garlic, lemon, dill and salt, you don't taste that aftertaste at all!  I've got my new favourite dip for veggies!

Chocolate, oh how I love thee!  Of course, it's not milk chocolate, because I'm still off dairy but I am free to have cocoa powder, unsweetened chocolate (and then sweeten it myself) and the day I found that out, it definitely put a smile on my face.  I went straight to my local healthfood store and bought coconut ice crema fudgsicles and chocolate almond covered coconut ice cream.  I've been enjoying those almost daily...it's time to slow down on those!

I have another three months to go until I am going to get most of my foods back but with the end in sight I do feel like I can do it.  It's been hard the last two months with lots of cheats but I just need to hang on for a few more months and then my body should be back to an almost normal state.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for chocolate! Glad you have some more variety, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete