Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stuffed Pepper Soup

New Recipe that I thought I'd share.  Was delicious and the kids loved it...and when the kids love it it's worth posting.  This soup taste somewhat like what you would taste if you were having stuffed peppers so thus the reason for calling it stuffed pepper soup.  I found a recipe on allrecipes.com but I deviated from it so much I think I can call this my own recipe now. 

Stuffed Pepper Soup
4 coloured bell peppers, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 ribs of celery, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 pound of ground turkey or beef
1 can of tomato soup
1 litre of vegetable or beef broth
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup of brown rice (cooked according to directions, not sure how much it makes once it's cooked)
salt and pepper to taste
oregano and basil to taste

Brown turkey with onions and add salt and pepper to taste.  Drain if needed.
Meanwhile, saute veggies and garlic in olive oil for about 3 minutes, just to soften.  Add turkey and onions, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, broth, sauce and simmer for 30-40 minutes.  Add rice, spices to taste and enjoy! 

My son does NOT like peppers and there were pretty big chunks of peppers in there and so I just asked him to try one bite - one bite and big smiles and a refill on his bowl too.  The girls loved it as well so it is worth trying!!

I've got some leftovers so I'm going to add one more can of tomato soup and some more broth to thin it out, then freeze and have it for lunch next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment