Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cowgirl Cookies

I love checking out food blogs these days especially trying to find something that I can alternate so that I can eat it.  I came across these cowgirl cookies and because they had only 1/2 cup of flour I thought I'd give them a try. 
http://www.foodbuzz.com/blogs/3765520-cowgirl-oatmeal-cookies-

They were awesome!  I did use sugar which I haven't done in awhile but when you are changing so much of the recipe, something's gotta give!  I used egg white instead of an egg and a mixture of brown rice and gluten free flour instead of white flour.  Then I added carob chips instead of chocolate, and of course grapeseed oil instead of butter.  They turned out fabulously for me!  So nice to have a treat....and I realized why I should not make these often because I ate almost all of them!  The kids ate them and we offered them to guests and I ate the rest.  But they were so tasty!

Anyhow, try her version...I'm sure it will be just as tasty as mine : )

No comments:

Post a Comment